Thursday 27 September 2012

Preperation

With not much happening in terms of new rules this month, and with all of the happenings in my own life, I recognise that maybe this month hasn't been the most productive of all time in terms of how much content I've been able to churn out. That said, I'm going to try and squeeze some blood from the stone here and get something out at least.

I have a couple of small things to talk about today, as I say nothing too in depth but if you start to get board just skip the paragraph that you're on and go to the next one.

First things first, a few months back I did a semi-spontaneous series which was generally called Throne of Skulls Prep, although it did tend to lose the 'prep' title after a while, and today's post's title is a kind of kickback to that. The reason being, in January I am going back to Throne of Skulls. Last time I went, I did so to learn my new army, get some experience with it and see what ToS was like. Now that I've done that, the plan is to go back and hopefully do a little bit better, so anything more than 1 win and 1 draw will suit me down to the ground, just to see how much 6 months extra practice with an army helps you, obviously it matters to have experience with an army but how much will it matter here.

Speaking of practice, I am getting a lot more games in now, I've played 4 games in the last 10 days or so and all of them have been against top people. One of which was against a top tournament player too, although I'm not going to namedrop. So, I'm going to try and compete this time around.

The list that I currently plan on taking, which involves me picking up a couple more models, can be seen below. It might change a little depending on whether I manage to aquire certain models but this is a good template which I probably won't deviate too far from.

HQ:
Rune Priest:
-Chooser of the Slain
-Tempest's Wrath
-Living Lightning

Rune Priest:
-Jaws of the World Wolf
-Living Lightning

Elites:

3 Wolf Guard:
-Terminator Armour
-Power Weapon
-Storm Bolter

Troops:

8 Grey Hunters:
-Meltagun
-Wolf Standard

7 Grey Hunters:
-Meltagun
-Wolf Standard

7 Grey Hunters:
-Meltagun
-Wolf Standard

Heavy Support:

5 Long Fangs:
-4 Missile Launchers

5 Long Fangs:
-4 Missile Launcher

5 Long Fangs:
-2 Missile Launchers
-2 Lascannons

Allied Contingent:

HQ:

Primaris Psyker:

Troops:

Veteran Squad:
-Grenade Launcher
-Mortar

Fast Attack:

Vendetta:

Heavy Support:

Manticore:
-Heavy Flamer

And there we have it. Yes, it's beardy, and yes, I'm a bit of a douche for using it, but I like to be able to take a list everywhere, and keep it relatively similar once I've found something that I like, so if I decide to start going to other more competitive tournaments, this list is still something that will be able to compete.

On a side note, if anyone else is considering going to Throne of Skulls this January just drop a comment below and I'll see you there. 

Right, now onto the next order of business, fun with fluff. With the Chaos Codex fast approaching I've decided to get some painting done, so as not to look like a bandwagon jumper when it hits. Bearing in mind that this is a fluffy army, and I don't care if I'm using a unit that is quite frankly, terrible (not unlike my Eldar army), I got back into painting my Hellbrute, and considering that this isn't an army which is first and formost for gaming, I wanted to do a good job of it, that is why a) I haven't finished, and b) I haven't put a post up in a while, as I was waiting to finish the thing so that I could show it done, but I really needed to post some content so here is what I've done so far. 


And there we have it, after finishing the Hellbrute I plan on moving onto one of the 2 squads of Cultists. I'm going to try and do this with a different method though, with the other 2 fully painted armies that I have (Orks and Space Wolves) I was motivated to paint them as quickly as I could to get them ready for an event, and thus used the production line method, as well as rushing them resulting in them not looking as good as they could have. This time, I'm going to be painting each model individually, so we'll see how that turns out. That's me done for today though. Back again soon. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment