Sunday 1 September 2013

Short Hiatus

This is more of an announcement than a post. Over the last couple of months I haven't exactly been churning out the content, this has been down to a number of factors, and if I said it was down to any one of them that would be a lie. In Sheffield I live in the suburbs. My nearest stores are half an hour bus ride away, and my nearest club is about the same distance driving. Because I work in a pub, my work days fall around the weekend and occasionally in the week as well, meaning that I'm not able to get to the club or stores as much for games due to the short amount of time that I will have left. This has essentially meant that I have played 1 singles game since mid-July.

There is only so much theory-hammer that one can occupy oneself with, and as this blog is mostly theory-hammer, it has suffered a little due to me attempting to pass the time at work theory-hammer-ing. The long and the short of it is that recently I've become a little disillusioned with the hobby as a whole recently, so I'm going to be taking a break from the pressure of trying to get content up here for a little while, just until I've re-inthused myself.

If you were to ask me how long this would be that would actually be a pretty simple question to answer. I go back to Oxford on Saturday 14th September, once I am starting to get more games on a more regular basis (I'm aiming for at least 5 during Fresher's week alone) then I should be back to regular posting (which in the past hasn't been particularly regular but you get the point), so I'm looking to aim for updating every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. I have no idea exactly what I'm going to be doing here for that period of time, but it's likely that it will be something tournamenty. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment